A Simple Guide to Troubleshoot Your BSNL DSL or Broadband Internet Problem
SEP 15 2012
I am a subscriber of BSNL broadband internet for last 1 year, I can tell you few things so that you can troubleshoot yourself before trying to reach a BSNL technician, remember trying to get hold of a technician is not at all easy and it takes weeks to fix your problem. First of all if you are not using BSNL DSL internet then this post is not for you but you can still read this as it will tell you the basics of broadband that deals with wires and modem.
If you are not getting internet then follow these steps before dialing 1500 for filing a complaint.
- If you are wired: Do you have the wire plugged in to your pc/laptop properly? Do you have your correct user id and password configured for this broadband account?
- If you are using a wifi: Do you have your wifi on in your laptop? Sometimes you push the button accidentally and lose the internet.
- Go to the modem and remove the power plug for 10 seconds before turning it on, wait for 1 minute. Do you see the DSL or Link light is constantly glowing? Refer the red circle from this image.
- If the answer to previous question is yes then there is some problem with the ethernet cable that goes to your pc/laptop or the modem port(#2 from the image) that’s the ethernet cable is plugged in to. Take the cable off from the current port and put it into other available port first before changing the cable itself.
- If the DSL/Link light is flickering then check the phone dial tone. If you don’t have a phone tied to it then find a land phone to connect it so that you can make sure about the dial tone. If you don’t get the dial tone then check the wire that is coming to your home, if you don’t find a problem then call your local exchange or SDO office to report it. You can also dial 1500 but it will further linger the process. If you have the dial tone and there is a flickering DSL light then there is no problem in your wire, just call the customer care to file a complaint. It is more likely a card problem from your exchange.
If you had to complain for some reason then make sure to follow up as they hardly have time for people those who sit idle waiting for the first move from them. If they delay it then run to the local SDO’s office for further enquiry, this is the way it works and I dealt with it.
Blogging Strategy for 2017 >>
<< How Do I Exchange iPhone 3G with iPhone 4